Round Greenheart piles have an average taper of only 1″ on diameter for every 15 lineal feet (lft.), thereby offering a larger surface area for bearing and friction piles. A slight taper also results in a pile containing more wood per lineal ft. As opposed to a square pile, round piles will not present a design of fasting problem should they turn during the driving process.
• Greenheart is three to five times stronger than domestic species in every relevant physical property.
• Greenheart has the highest fire resistance rating of any wood used in marine construction.
• Nontoxic and untreated, Greenheart is approved by The Department of Agriculture for use in meat carrying refrigerator cars. Greenheart will not affect wildlife, water quality or other ecosystems, nor will it mar white hulls of pleasure craft.
• Greenheart possesses a high co-efficient of friction that gives it a non-slip attractive property when wet or even when coated with a film of oil or grease.
• Designing for Greenheart’s superior strength properties will result in a substantial savings on the original construction and material and installation costs.